This is 10 easy ways how to setup new PC power supply :
- Unscrew the 4 screws supporting your previous power supply in the pc case.
- Take the existing power supply outside, and place it next to the pc case (If you do not know the power supply cable attached to the motherboard, do not unplug the cable first, we’ll do it later)
- Place the new power supply directly into your pc case.
- Get along with the first cable from the previous power supply and keep in mind or write down the colors of the wires where they connected.
- Locate a cable connector on the new power suppy which fits and connect it in to the empty socket. Make sure the cable is installed perfectly.
- Continue to keep doing this untill every cable connector on the previous power supply are unplugged and replaced with cable connector from your new power supply.
- Screw in the 4 screws to secure the power supply to the case.
- Turn on the power switch in back of the power supply. Now Connect the power supply cable power cord.
- Check all the steps above to ensure all is done correctly.
- Turn on the power switch in back of the power supply if exist and Turn on your personal computer.
The complete process will take less than 10 minutes.
Tip: Power supplies with so-called “cable management” has many strands of cable that can easily be disconnected when not in use. Benefits include more space and better air flow case.